2015 Individual e-file Calendar
November 12, 2014
FTB begins accepting test transmissions (PATS Testing)
Testing will begin upon release of the Test Package for e-file of California Business, Fiduciary, and Individual Tax Returns (FTB Pub. 1436X).
January 2, 2015
First day to transmit live returns
April 15, 2015
Last day to transmit timely-filed returns
California state personal income tax returns have an automatic six-month extension date for timely filing.
All taxes owed must be paid by April 15. If the balance due is not paid by April 15, penalties and interest may apply.
April 22, 2015
Last day to retransmit rejected timely-filed returns
October 15, 2015
Last day to transmit timely filed current year returns on extension.
October 22, 2015
Last day to retransmit rejected current year returns filed on extension
December 31, 2015
Last day for EROs and transmitters to retain acknowledgment file material for returns e-filed in 2015
Remember: For each return an ERO files, the ERO must retain the return for four years from the due date of the return or for four years from the date the return is filed, whichever is later. If the ERO uses either the California e-file Return Authorization for Individuals form (FTB 8453) or the California e-file Signature Authorization for Individuals form (FTB 8879), they must keep the form with the return for the same period of time.
MyFTB Learn more
- e-file for Tax Professionals
- Individual e-file for Tax Professionals
- Software for Tax Professionals
- e-file Forms and Publications
- News & Updates
- e-Programs Customer Service
- Individual e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual e-file Calendar
- Fiduciary e-file
- Fiduciary e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- Fiduciary e-file Calendar
- e-file Enrollment Requirements
- Paperless Schedules K-1
- Business e-file
- Business e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- 100/100S/100W e-file Calendar
- 199 e-file Calendar
- 565/568 e-file Calendar
- Software Developers/Transmitters