MyFTB for Tax Professionals
Protecting your information
Beginning July 1, 2018, you must use the latest version of your browser to use this online service. Older browsers have outdated security technology that may expose your confidential information. Using up-to-date browsers with current security technology keeps your information safe. Check if my browser is current.
As a tax professional, you can use MyFTB to manage your professional contact information and access tax account information and online services for your individual and business clients. On behalf of your clients, you can access:
- Account information:
- View account balance and tax year details.
- View estimated payments and credits before filing a return.
- Verify the exact business entity name to use when filing a return.
- View payment history.
- View a list of tax returns.
- View images of tax returns.*
- View a list and images of notices and correspondence.
- Update contact information.*
- View proposed assessments.
- View California wage and withholding information – individual clients only.
- View FTB-issued 1099 information – individual clients only.
- Online services:
- Calculate a balance due for a date in the future.
- File a power of attorney (POA).
- File a nonresident withholding waiver request.
- Protest a proposed assessment.*
- Respond to a proposed assessment to request a 30-day deferral to file a tax return.*
- Options to communicate with us:
- Chat with an FTB representative about confidential matters.
- Send a secure message with attachments to FTB.
*Tax professionals must have an active POA declaration on file to access these services. POA Tip: To receive email notifications when your clients receive a notice, the POA declaration must contain your email address.
In MyFTB, the first page you see is your Tax Professional Overview page where you can easily access your Client List. If you have an active POA declaration on file, that client may automatically appear on your client list with a POA relationship type. See registration tip below.
To add clients with a TIA (Tax Information Authorization) relationship type (no POA declaration on file), you must enter their information from a filed tax return for one of the last five tax years. Before you add them, you must obtain your clients’ permission. You can use FTB 743, Online Account View Access Authorization, or FTB 3534, Tax Information Authorization, to gain permission. Do not mail these forms to us; keep them in your records.
Clients with a TIA relationship type remain on your list for 13 months unless you or your client terminates access early. These clients display on your list when you:
- Add a new client or add a client that expired and dropped off your client list; however, you cannot access the client’s account information for 10 business days.
- Renew an existing client on your client list. This option allows you to continue uninterrupted access to your client’s account information as long as you renew more than 10 business days before the expiration date.
- Mail in form FTB 3534, Tax Information Authorization. After we process the form and add the client to your client list, you cannot access the client's account information for 10 business days.
Important: When you add or renew a client relationship, we notify the client. Inform your client to expect this notification.
- See MyFTB.
- See MyFTB for Businesses.
How to access MyFTB
To access MyFTB, you must complete a one-time account registration process.
Registration TIP: We recommend you register using your Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN). All client accounts with an active POA declaration on file with your PTIN should be automatically viewable on your client list.
Note: You must also have a compatible browser and operating system. We recommend that you log out and close your browser when you are done to ensure the highest level of security.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Feedback received: Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later