MyFTB provides tax account information and online services to Individuals, Business Representatives, and Tax Professionals.
As an individual, you can use MyFTB to access:
- Account information:
- View account balance and tax year details.
- View estimated payments and credits before filing a return.
- View payment history.
- View a list and images of tax returns.
- View a list and images of notices and correspondence.
- View and update contact information.
- View proposed assessments.
- View California wage and withholding information.
- View FTB-issued 1099 information.
- View a list of authorized representatives (tax professional or a tax professional with a power of attorney) and manage who can access your account.
- View a list of activities that occurred on your account, such as the last time you or your authorized representative accessed your account.
- Online services:
- Calculate a balance due for a date in the future.
- File a power of attorney (POA).
- File a nonresident withholding waiver request.
- Protest a proposed assessment.
- Respond to a proposed assessment to request a 30-day deferral to file a tax return.
- Options to communicate with us:
- Chat with an FTB representative about confidential matters.
- Send a secure message with attachments to FTB.
- Choose to receive an email when we send you a notice or correspondence.
- See MyFTB for Businesses.
How to access MyFTB
To access MyFTB, you must complete a one-time account registration process.
Note: You must also have a compatible browser and operating system. We recommend that you log out and close your browser when you are done to ensure the highest level of security.