Tax Professional: How to Add a Representative on an Active Power of Attorney (POA) Declaration
To Add a Representative on an Active POA Declaration online, log in to MyFTB and follow the “How To” instructions below. If, once you’re logged into MyFTB, you need help with the page you’re on, select the “?” in the upper right corner of that particular page.
Note: You must have the “Add representative(s)” authorization on the POA Declaration to add another representative. To remove a representative from a POA declaration, see: How To Remove a Representative on an Active Power of Attorney (POA) Declaration.
- Select the type of client you want to search for from the dropdown menu.
- Select POA from the Relationship Type dropdown menu.
- Select Active from the Relationship Status dropdown menu.
- Select the Search button.
Note: By default, all active individual clients display on the Client List page. From the Client List you can view details of active, pending, and inactive POAs. Although, Estate, Trust, and Nonresident Group Return client account information is not available online at this time, you can view their POA details and manage their active POAs.
For more information about searching for a client see, How To Search for a Client on the Client List.
Note: You must have the “Add representative(s)” authorization on the POA Declaration to add another representative.
Adding a representative to an Active POA can be accomplished in one of two ways, by: 1) selecting the Add New Representative button and entering the representative’s information, or 2) selecting a representative from your Associates List.
- If you select the Add New Representative button:
- Proceed to Step 7
- If you select the Select from Associates List button:
- Proceed to Step 9
Note: If the Add New Representative or Select From Associates buttons do not display, you do not have the "Add Representative(s)" authorization.
- Enter the new representative’s information.
- Select the Update button, proceed to Step 11
- You are navigated back to the POA Representative List page to review your changes.
- Select a representative from your Associates List that you want to add to the POA declaration.
- Select the Add button.
Note: You can only add one representative at a time.
- Select the Save button.
- You will be navigated to the Power of Attorney Detail page to view the changes.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 03.22.2018