Tax Professional: How to Register for a MyFTB Account
This How-To guide steps through the process to register for a MyFTB account.
Note: Tax professionals that do not have a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN), Enrolled Agent Number with a California address, California CPA Number, or California State Bar Number cannot create a MyFTB account as a Tax Professional.
Important! After you register, Franchise Tax Board will mail you a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to the address associated to the professional number (PTIN, Enrolled Agent with a California address, California CPA, or California State Bar Number) you provided during registration. If you need to update your address, call us.
Press enter to show or hide content for Step 1: Locate the MyFTB icon and select the Register button.
Press enter to show or hide content for Step 2: On the Register For MyFTB page, select the Create MyFTB Account button.
- Select your three Security Questions and enter an answer for each question.
- Create your Password.
- Select the Continue button.
- Enter your tax preparer information.
* = required field
Note: Register with a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN), if available, to increase the likelihood that Power of Attorney Declarations processed on or after October 1, 2014 display upon initial login.
- Select the Submit button.
- Franchise Tax Board will mail you a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to activate your account. The PIN will be mailed via the United States Postal Service within 3 to 5 business days. Please allow 10 days to receive the PIN.
- You have 21 days from the date you submit your registration to enter the PIN. If you do not activate your account within 21 days, you will need to re-register – starting with Step 1.
Press enter to show or hide content for Step 9: On the Access Your Account page, select the Continue to Login button.
- Enter your User Name in the field.
- Enter your Password in the field.
- Enter the characters from the picture.
- Select the Login button.
- The PIN is a onetime use only to activate your MyFTB account.
- Select the Continue button to navigate to your MyFTB account.
- The Tax Professional Overview is the homepage when you login.
Note: The first time you access your MyFTB account, you may not see clients listed on your Client List. For information about adding clients, see How To Add a TIA Client to My Client List. For more information about adding Power of Attorney clients, see How To Submit a FTB Form 3520 PIT or 3520 BE, Power of Attorney Declaration.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 03.22.2018