Individual: How to Register for a MyFTB Account
This How-To guide steps through the process to register for a MyFTB account.
Important! After you register, Franchise Tax Board will mail you a Personal Identification Number (PIN). If you moved since you last filed your last return, and you need to update your address, call us.
Press enter to show or hide content for Step 1: Locate the MyFTB icon and select the Register button.
Press enter to show or hide content for Step 2: On the Register for MyFTB page, select the Create MyFTB Account button.
- Select your three Security Questions and enter an answer for each question.
- Create your Password.
- Select the Continue button.
- Enter your individual information.
* = required field
- Read the text and check the box.
- Select the Submit button.
- Franchise Tax Board will mail you a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to activate your account. The PIN will be mailed via the United States Postal Service within 3 to 5 business days. Please allow 10 days to receive the PIN.
- You have 21 days from the date you submit your registration to enter the PIN. If you do not activate your account within 21 days, you will need to re-register – starting with Step 1.
Press enter to show or hide content for Step 9: On the Access Your Account page, select the Continue to Login button.
- Enter your User Name in the field.
- Enter your Password in the field.
- Enter the characters from the picture.
- Select the Login button.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 03.22.2018