Tax Professional: How to Add a TIA Client to My Client List
To Add a Client to Your Client List online, log in to MyFTB and follow the “How To” instructions below. If, once you’re logged into MyFTB, you need help with the page you’re on, select the “?” in the upper right corner of that particular page.
To add a client with “Relationship Type” of Power of Attorney you must submit a POA. To do this online, go to submit a How to Submit a Power of Attorney Declaration.
- To add a personal income tax client, select the Add TIA Individual Client button.
- To add a business client, select the Add Business TIA Client button.
Note: You can also add a personal income tax client or business client by selecting Add Individual TIA Client or Add Business TIA Client from the Services dropdown menu or by selecting one of the Quick Links on the home page. Estate, Trust, and Nonresident Group Return client accounts are not available online at this time.
- Enter the required information about your client.
* = required field. An example of individual client information needed is listed in the screenshot below.
- Check the boxes to acknowledge you read the penalty of perjury and notification statements.
- Select the Submit button.
- If the information matches our records, the client is immediately added to your Client List.
Note: You cannot access your client’s account for 10 business days while we notify them.
- If the information does not match our records, correct the information and try again. If the information entered is correct, call us.
- Select the Return to Client List button to return to your Client List.
Note: An acknowledgment letter will be sent to the taxpayer advising them that you have added them as a client through MyFTB allowing you access to view their tax account information online. The letter will include your individual name (we are not able to add a company or firm name), the date the TIA client relationship will become active, and the number of active TIA relationships for the client. We recommend you notify your client that they will receive this letter from us.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 03.22.2018