Tax Professional: How To Request Full Online Account Access (Opt-In) After a POA or TIA Relationship is Approved
You can now request Full Online Account Access (Opt-In) at the time of submission, see the following for step-by-step instructions:
- How To Submit a FTB 3520 (PIT or BE), Power of Attorney Declaration.
- How To Add a TIA Client to My Client List.
To request Full Online Account Access (Opt-In) after the relationship is approved:
- Log in to your MyFTB Tax Professional account.
- Once you’re logged into MyFTB, if you need help with the page you’re on, select the “?” in the upper right corner of that page.
- Select the client from your Client List.
- See How To Search for a Client on My Client List for step-by-step instructions.
- Follow the “How To” instructions below:
- The Authorization Code is always mailed to the taxpayer. To help expedite your authorization and prevent any delays, inform your client to expect this notice.
- If your client has a MyFTB account, when you make a request for Full Online Account Access your client can immediately log in to their MyFTB account and authorize or deny the request without entering an Authorization Code.
- If your client has a MyFTB account and has set their preferences to receive email and/or text notification, they will immediately receive the Authorization Code electronically.
- If your client provides you with the Authorization Code, see How To Authorize Full Online Account Access (Taxpayer Provided Authorization Code) for step-by-step instructions on how to authorize Full Online Account Access on behalf of your client.
Note: To help expedite your authorization and prevent any delays, inform your client to expect this notice.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 12.28.2018