Tax Professional: How To Remove a Representative From an Active Power of Attorney (POA) Declaration
MyFTB gives you the ability to manage your active POA Declarations online to remove yourself or another representative listed on the declaration. To update multiple POA Declarations at the same time, select Update Multiple POA Declarations from your Services menu.
For information on other actions you can take on an active POA Declaration, see How To: Add a Representative on an Active Power of Attorney (POA) Declaration), Add or Edit a Representative’s Email Address on an Active Power of Attorney (POA) Declaration), and Revoke a Power of Attorney (POA) Declaration).Note: We use the email address listed on the declaration to notify you when your client has received a notice from us.
To remove yourself or another representative from an active POA Declaration:
- Log in to your MyFTB Tax Professional account.
- Once you’re logged into MyFTB, if you need help with the page you’re on, select the “?” in the upper right corner of that page.
- Select the client from your Client List.
- See How To Search for a Client on My Client List for step-by-step instructions.
- Follow the “How To” instructions below.
- Select the View Details link in the Actions column on your Client List for the client’s declaration you to want to edit.
- Select the View POA Detail link in the Actions column on the Taxpayer Relationship Detail page next to the declaration you to want to edit.
- Select the Manage Representatives link in the Representative Information section on the Power of Attorney Detail page.
- Select the Remove link in the Action column on the POA Representative List page to delete this representative from the declaration
Note: If the representative being removed is the “Primary” representative, you must designate another representative as the “Primary” first. If there is only one representative listed on the POA Declaration, only the Edit link will display. You must revoke the POA Declaration when there is only one representative listed.
- Select the Remove button in the Remove Confirmation window to confirm you want to remove this representative from this declaration.
- A “Record successfully removed” confirmation message displays at the top of the POA Representative List page.
- Select the Save button to save the changes.
- You will be navigated to the Power of Attorney Detail page to view the changes
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 07.26.2018