Tax Professional: How To Authorize Full Online Account Access on MyFTB (Taxpayer Provided Authorization Code)
After June 24, 2018 when FTB approves a Power of Attorney (POA) or Tax Information Authorization (TIA) relationship you will automatically be granted Limited Online Account Access to your client’s account information on MyFTB. To receive Full Online Account Access to your client’s online account information, you must request it and your client must authorize the request. To request Full Online Account Access, see How To Request Full Online Account Access (Opt-In).
If your client provides you with the Authorization Code to authorize Full Online Account Access on their behalf, you may complete the authorization using any of these options:
- Enter code on behalf of your client in MyFTB
- Call our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) line at 800.353.9032
- Go to ftb.ca.gov/Access
- Call and speak to an FTB agent
Note: POA and TIA relationships approved on or before June 24, 2018 will be “grandfathered in” and will retain Full Online Account Access until there is a break in the relationship (expired or revoked).
To authorize Full Online Account Access on behalf or your client:
- Log in to your MyFTB Tax Professional account.
- Once you’re logged into MyFTB, if you need help with the page you’re on, select the “?” in the upper right corner of that page.
- Select the client from your Client List.
- See How To Search for a Client on My Client List for step-by-step instructions.
- Follow the “How To” instructions below.
- Enter your client’s Authorization Code in the Authorization Code box on your client’s Taxpayer Overview page.
- Enter your client’s Authorization Code in the Authorization Code box.
- Read and check the boxes.
- Select the Submit button.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 07.12.2018