Tax Preparer: How to Search for a Client on the Client List
To search for a client on your Client List, log in to MyFTB and follow the “How To” instructions below. If, once you’re logged into MyFTB, you need help with the page you’re on, select the “?” in the upper right corner of that particular page.
- Select the radio button for the type of client you want to search for.
Note: By default, all active individual clients display on the Client List page. Estate, Trust, and Nonresident Group Return client accounts are not available online at this time. From your Client List you can view details of active, pending, and inactive POAs for Estate and Trust clients and manage active POAs.
- Optionally, select the access type from the Access Type dropdown menu to filter your results.
- If you are searching for a Tax Preparer client, select Tax Preparer from the Access Type dropdown menu.
- If you are searching for a Power of Attorney client, select POA from the Access Type dropdown menu.
- If you are searching for an Estate/Trust client, by default POA is the Access Type. You are not able to edit this field.
Note: When you select POA from the Access Type dropdown menu a new POA Status field displays. POA Status field values include Active, Pending, and Inactive. By default this field is set to Active.
- Select the Search button.
- If you are unable to locate your client in the Search Results section, try adding or removing criteria in the filter boxes at the top of each column of the Search Results table.
- If you are searching for a POA client, select Pending from the POA Status dropdown menu and search again.
- Pending - Declaration was submitted via MyFTB and is being processed by FTB.
- Pending Taxpayer Approval - Declaration was submitted via MyFTB without a signed copy of declaration attached. FTB has processed and accepted the declaration, and the declaration is pending taxpayer approval (taxpayer must log in to their MyFTB account and approve the declaration).
- If you are unable to locate your client in the Search Results section, select Inactive from the POA Status dropdown menu and search again.
- Revoked- Declaration was at one point an Active declaration, but the taxpayer or representative has revoked the declaration. This declaration is not considered valid.
- Rejected– Declaration was processed by FTB, and is not considered valid.
- Expired– Declaration was at one point an Active declaration, but has passed the expiration date. This declaration is not considered valid.
- Canceled – Declaration was processed by FTB, and was canceled by the taxpayer before it became active. This declaration is not considered valid.
- If you are still unable to locate your client contact the Tax Practitioner Hotline, 916.845.7057.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later