Reporting Income Tax Fraud - Important Information Before You Start
Items You Need
Have the following information about the individual/business you are reporting available before you begin:
- Marital status and spouse’s/Registered Domestic Partner’s name
- Description of alleged fraud
- Supporting documents
- Asset information (vehicles, property, etc.)
- Name and contact information of any other agency to which you have already provided this information
Time Limit and Total Time
- You have up to 20 minutes to complete each page. For security purposes, if you take longer than 20 minutes, the system will time out and you will need to start over.
Saving Your Report
- You cannot save your report or exit and return to a previous report. Your report will not be transmitted unless you hit the "Submit" button at the end of the process.
- You must use the navigation buttons on the bottom of each page to avoid unintentionally exiting and losing your data.
- The "Continue" button takes you forward one page.
- The "Back" button takes you to the page you just completed. Do NOT use your browser’s back button while completing the report.
- If you make an error before you continue to the next page, delete the wrong information and enter the correct information.
- If you find an error after you continue to another page, use the "Back" button at the bottom of the page to get to the page you need to change. Then use the "Continue" button located at the bottom of the page to return to the page you were on.
- If you find an error after you submit your report, you will need to re-submit the updated portion of your report. Select the "Additional Information" box.
- An asterisk (*) indicates a required entry.
- Get online help and instructions by clicking the question mark icon .
- For more information, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Before you begin, make sure you are using a compatible browser and operating system. We recommend that you log out and close your browser when you are done to ensure the highest level of security.
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later