Installment Agreement - Apply Online
New feature for 2012
- Verify your eligibility status while submitting your request for an Installment Agreement online.
Tips for working online
- Use a compatible browser and operating system.
- Do not open the application in multiple browser tabs to avoid errors.
- When you leave the application, log out and close your browser for the highest security.
Taxpayer installment agreement conditions
- You are unable to pay the liability in full.
- Pay by electronic funds withdrawal.
- Maintain adequate funds in your account.
- File all future tax returns timely.
- Pay all future income tax balances timely.
- Pay a $34 installment agreement fee. We will add the fee to your balance due. (The fee amount is subject to change without further notice.)
- Make sure that the withholding rates for Forms DE 4 and W-4 on file with your employer are correct. If they are
incorrect, file new forms with your employer to adjust your withholdings.
- If you receive income from sources other than wages, make estimated tax payments if they are required.
- If you are requesting an installment agreement for a tax liability greater than $10,000, and/or for a period longer than 36 months, you must certify that you have a financial hardship.