Installment Agreement - Apply Online
Gather your information
Have the following information available before you apply:
- Social security number.
- The amount and tax years you owe.
- Your bank account number and routing number.
Online Installment Agreement terms and conditions
- Payment – Make timely monthly payments until your tax liability is paid in full.
- Payment method – Pay by electronic funds withdrawal.
- Funds – Maintain adequate funds in your bank account.
- Tax returns – File all required valid personal income tax returns timely.
- Future balances - Pay all future income tax balances timely.
- Fee –Pay a $34 IA fee, which will be added to your balance due.
- Withholding – Confirm that the wage withholding rates for Forms DE 4 and W-4 on file with your employer will withhold enough state income tax to pay your liability for your next state income tax return.
- Estimated tax payments – Make any required estimated tax payments.
- Certify financial hardship - If your tax liability exceeds $10,000 or the installment period for payment exceeds 36 months, then you must certify you have a financial hardship.
If you have a current Order to Withhold, Continuous Order to Withhold, or Earnings Withholding Order for Taxes, call us.
Only one installment agreement request may be made online in a 12 month period.
Tips for working online
- Use a compatible browser and operating system.
- Do not open the application in multiple browsers.
- When you are finished, log out and close your browser.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later