Installment Agreement - Apply Online
December 10 - Online Applicatioins Unavailable.
From 3 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, December 10, we will perform maintenance on our online applications.
The applications will be unavailable during the maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Gather your information
Have the following information available before you apply:
- Social security number.
- The amount and tax years you owe.
- Your bank account number and routing number.
Online Installment Agreement terms and conditions
- Payment – Make timely monthly payments until your tax liability is paid in full.
- Payment method – Pay by electronic funds withdrawal.
- Funds – Maintain adequate funds in your bank account.
- Tax returns – File all required valid personal income tax returns timely.
- Future balances - Pay all future income tax balances timely.
- Fee –Pay a $34 IA fee, which will be added to your balance due.
- Withholding – Confirm that the wage withholding rates for Forms DE 4 and W-4 on file with your employer will withhold enough state income tax to pay your liability for your next state income tax return.
- Estimated tax payments – Make any required estimated tax payments.
- Certify financial hardship - If your tax liability exceeds $10,000 or the installment period for payment exceeds 36 months, then you must certify you have a financial hardship.
If you have a current Order to Withhold, Continuous Order to Withhold, or Earnings Withholding Order for Taxes, call us.
Only one installment agreement request may be made online in a 12 month period.
Tips for working online
- Use a compatible browser and operating system.
- Do not open the application in multiple browsers.
- When you are finished, log out and close your browser.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later