Use CalFile to e-file your 2015, 2014, or 2013 California state tax return directly to the Franchise Tax Board.
Important: If you registered for a MyFTB account to access CalFile prior to 2016, you must re-register.
Before you begin
You need your:
- Completed federal tax return.
- Tax documents: Forms W-2 and 1099.
- Child and dependent care credit information.
- Bank account information for direct deposit of a refund or to pay electronically.
- A compatible browser and operating system, Adobe Reader, and a printer.
Make sure you qualify
Create a MyFTB account to access CalFile
You can choose to register for two types of accounts:
- Basic MyFTB account to access CalFile only.
- Once you log in, you can choose to upgrade to a Deluxe MyFTB account.
- Deluxe MyFTB account to access:
Important: To register for a Deluxe MyFTB account, we must have your current address on file and you must provide information from a filed California tax return for one of the last five tax years. After you register, we mail you a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in 3 to 5 days that you use to activate your account. Allow 10 days to receive your PIN. More information on what you need to create a Deluxe MyFTB account.
I have never filed or don't have information from a California tax return filed for one of the last five tax years.
I have information from a California tax return filed for one of the last five tax years.
I have a PTIN, CTEC, EFIN, or California CPA number. We recommend you register with your PTIN.
I have a MyFTB account.