Reporting Systemic Issues
Important Information Before You Start
A systemic issue:
- Affects multiple taxpayers.
- Impacts segments of the population locally, regionally, or nationally.
- Relates to FTB systems, policies, or procedures.
- Involves protecting taxpayer rights, or reducing or preventing taxpayer burden.
How to report a systemic issue
- Use our online form to help identify and recommend solutions to systemic issues.
- Select the “Enter Issue” button at the bottom of the page to report a systemic issue.
- If you have an issue concerning an individual problem, or anything other than one of the bulleted items above, please report your issue to the Taxpayers’ Rights Advocate Office.
Items you need
Have the following information available before you begin:
- Your title (Attorney, Certified Public Accountant, Enrolled Agent, Taxpayer, or Tax Preparer).
- Address (State and ZIP code only).
- Email address.
- Topic category (Contacts, filing, payments, procedures, processing, or other).
- Detailed description of issue.
Saving your report
- You cannot save your report or exit and return to a previous submission.
- If you make an error before you submit your issue, delete the incorrect information and enter the correct information. Use the “Reset” button to clear all fields.
- If you find an error after you submit your issue, you will need to resubmit the issue.
Before you begin, make sure you are using a compatible browser and operating system. We recommend that you log out and close your browser when you are done to ensure the highest level of security.
Enter Your Issue
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Feedback received: Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later