Help Using Our Website
Protecting your information
Beginning July 1, 2018, you must use the latest version of your browser to use our online services (like pay, check your refund, or view your account).
Older browsers have outdated security technology that may expose your confidential information. Using up-to-date browsers with current security technology keeps your information safe.
List of Outdated Browsers
- Microsoft IE: Version 10 and older
- Microsoft Mobile IE: Version 10 and older
- Safari: Version 6 and older
- Safari Mobile: Version 4 and older
- Chrome: Version 21 and older
- FireFox: Version 26 and older
- Opera: Version 12.17 and older
- Google Android OS: Version 4.4 and older
For a seamless experience on our website, make sure:
- Pop-up blockers are disabled.
- Mobile device OS settings are properly configured.
- You use the latest version of Adobe Reader to download, view, and print our forms.
- You download the free Microsoft Word Viewer and Microsoft Excel Viewer if you don’t have software that supports Word and Excel formats (.doc, .docx, .rtf, .xls, .xlsx).
See your browser specifications and instructions if you need help with your settings.
Compatible Operating Systems
- Macintosh OS X, 10.5 ("Leopard")
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Viewing your CalFile return may not work correctly
- If you're working in CalFile and don’t see the Tax Return after selecting the image link, make sure the return is not open in another tab. If it’s in another tab and you’d prefer it pop up, you’ll need to change your browser settings to not open pages in new tabs.
Chrome and Firefox
- Recent versions of Chrome and Firefox’s PDF preview tools don’t work well with our forms. We recommend you disable the browser’s PDF preview tool and enable Adobe Reader (see below).
Earlier Adobe Reader
- Earlier versions work on only some of our fill-in forms.
IE 10 and 11
- IE 10 and 11 are not compatible with Adobe Reader. If a blank page opens when you select a PDF link in IE 10 or 11, review Adobe’s instructions.
- In the upper right hand corner of your browser, select the vertical ellipses.
- Select Settings.
- Select Show advanced settings.
- Under Privacy, select the Content settings... button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Content setttings.
- Select the checkbox to Open PDF files in the default PDF viewer application.
- Select Done.
All Other Browsers
- Go to Adobe Help.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Feedback received: Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later