Help Using Our Website
Our website contains various file types and requires you use the latest web browsers. If you experience issues while using a browser’s latest version, try a different browser. Our call center can't assist you with technical issues; if you require assistance, contact the webmaster.
For a seamless experience on our website, make sure:
- Pop-up blockers are disabled.
- Mobile device OS settings are properly configured.
- You use the latest version of Adobe Reader to download, view, and print our forms.
- You download the free Microsoft Word Viewer and Microsoft Excel Viewer if you don’t have software that supports Word and Excel formats (.doc, .docx, .rtf, .xls, .xlsx).
See your browser specifications and instructions if you need help with your settings.
Compatible Operating Systems
- Macintosh OS X, 10.5 ("Leopard")
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Vista (through April 2017)
- If you're working in CalFile and don’t see the Tax Return after selecting the image link, make sure the return is not open in another tab. If it’s in another tab and you’d prefer it pop up, you’ll need to change your browser settings to not open pages in new tabs.
- Recent versions of Chrome and Firefox’s PDF preview tools don’t work well with our forms. We recommend you disable the browser’s PDF preview tool and enable Adobe Reader (see below).
- IE 10 and 11 are not compatible with Adobe Reader. If a blank page opens when you select a PDF link in IE 10 or 11, review Adobe’s instructions.
- Windows XP is not compatible with our site. Microsoft provides Windows XP end-of-support help.
- In the web address bar, type in about:plugins and press your enter key.
- Find Adobe Reader in the plug-in list and select the Enable link. This will automatically disable Chrome’s PDF viewer.
- Go to Tools > Options.
- In the Options window, select Applications.
- Find content type Portable Document Format (PDF).
- If the action is Preview in Firefox, select it and change it to Use Adobe Reader (default).
- Select OK button.