What's New in MyFTB
We strive to continually improve MyFTB. Below we provide information about significant changes we made to improve and expand what you can do in MyFTB.
January 2, 2018
- When tax professionals login to MyFTB, they land on a new Tax Professional Overview page instead of their Client List page.
- The Tax Professional Overview page provides alerts when POA declarations have been approved or rejected.
- When a POA declaration or TIA relationship is rejected, MyFTB displays the reason.
- Tax professionals can view a list of recently approved or rejected POA declarations.
- Tax professionals can create and manage a list of professional associates to import into new and existing POA declarations.
- FTB only processes the new POA forms FTB 3520 PIT and FTB 3520 BE. FTB no longer processes non-FTB POA or old 3520 forms.
- What’s New link in the footer of MyFTB webpages to help you stay up to date with MyFTB changes.
- Annual changes for tax year 2017.
- Tax Preparer access type is now a TIA (Tax Information Authorization) relationship type.
- The Client List page is found via a link in the main navigation and in the Quick Links area on the Tax Professional Overview page.
- Power of Attorney (POA) Wizard updated to match the new POA forms and incorporate tax professional profile and the associates list functionality into the wizard.
- The individual and business entity overview pages indicate "Lien History" instead of "Liens Filed."
- Updated the list of subjects you can choose from to send a secure message to FTB.
September 23, 2017
- Individual taxpayers and their tax professionals with a Power of Attorney (POA) declaration can request a 30-day deferral online for filing enforcement proposed assessments.
- Tax professionals without a POA declaration can view notices and correspondence, proposed assessments, and messages sent to and from FTB in their client’s MyFTB account.
- Tax professionals can view, add, edit, and remove their professional contact and demographic information.
June 24, 2017
- For affected individual taxpayers, their MyFTB balance due will no longer include credits that we cannot refund or apply. As a result, the balance due displayed in MyFTB will generally be accurate and should match the amount on a bill we issue to the taxpayer. Exceptions: The MyFTB balance can change if payments, interest, or penalties are subsequently applied.
- Fixed links to our Customer Service Dashboard.
- Removed reference and links to the online Head of Household (HOH) Audit Response application. Beginning with tax year 2015, taxpayers are required to attach FTB 3532, Head of Household Filing Status Schedule, to their return when they claim the HOH filing status.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later
Last Updated: 12/11/2017