What's New in MyFTB
This page provides information about significant changes and improvements we have made to MyFTB.
June 25, 2018
- For added security, tax professionals must obtain taxpayer authorization for Full Online Account Access (also referred to as Opt-In). When a relationship between a client and tax professional is approved, the tax professional receives limited online account access to their client’s account information. Tax professionals must request full access and the client decides whether or not to authorize the request. For details about tax professional access and the Opt-In process, see MyFTB Tax Professional Online Account Access.
- Tax professionals can update multiple POA declarations at one time. Updates include the tax professional's email address, adding a representative from the associates list, removing representatives from a POA, and revoking POAs.
- Tax professional access to a client account is based on permissions of all active POA declarations for a client.
- All relationships with a client are displayed on a new Taxpayer Relationship Detail. Online access information is also displayed on this page.
March 12, 2018
- Power of Attorney declarations submitted by an individual taxpayer or business representative now immediately display on the Authorized Representative list.
- Improved display of individual amended tax returns.
- Improved entry of tax professional identification numbers so it is now consistent throughout MyFTB.
- A variety of other maintenance changes made, including added security, clearer language, and improved help content.
January 2, 2018
- When tax professionals login to MyFTB, they land on a new Tax Professional Overview page instead of their Client List page.
- The Tax Professional Overview page provides alerts when POA declarations have been approved or rejected.
- When a POA declaration or TIA relationship is rejected, MyFTB displays the reason.
- Tax professionals can view a list of recently approved or rejected POA declarations.
- Tax professionals can create and manage a list of professional associates to import into new and existing POA declarations.
- FTB only processes the new POA forms FTB 3520 PIT and FTB 3520 BE. FTB no longer processes non-FTB POA or old 3520 forms.
- What’s New link in the footer of MyFTB webpages to help you stay up to date with MyFTB changes.
- Annual changes for tax year 2017.
- Tax Preparer access type is now a TIA (Tax Information Authorization) relationship type.
- The Client List page is found via a link in the main navigation and in the Quick Links area on the Tax Professional Overview page.
- Power of Attorney (POA) Wizard updated to match the new POA forms and incorporate tax professional profile and the associates list functionality into the wizard.
- The individual and business entity overview pages indicate "Lien History" instead of "Liens Filed."
- Updated the list of subjects you can choose from to send a secure message to FTB.
September 23, 2017
- Individual taxpayers and their tax professionals with a Power of Attorney (POA) declaration can request a 30-day deferral online for filing enforcement proposed assessments.
- Tax professionals without a POA declaration can view notices and correspondence, proposed assessments, and messages sent to and from FTB in their client’s MyFTB account.
- Tax professionals can view, add, edit, and remove their professional contact and demographic information.
June 24, 2017
- For affected individual taxpayers, their MyFTB balance due will no longer include credits that we cannot refund or apply. As a result, the balance due displayed in MyFTB will generally be accurate and should match the amount on a bill we issue to the taxpayer. Exceptions: The MyFTB balance can change if payments, interest, or penalties are subsequently applied.
- Fixed links to our Customer Service Dashboard.
- Removed reference and links to the online Head of Household (HOH) Audit Response application. Beginning with tax year 2015, taxpayers are required to attach FTB 3532, Head of Household Filing Status Schedule, to their return when they claim the HOH filing status.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 06.19.2018