Coming in 2016!
On January 4, 2016, we plan to launch our enhanced registration process that we designed to better protect your tax account information. To get ready for this change, we must deactivate all existing MyFTB accounts on Saturday, January 2, 2016.
If you currently have a MyFTB account and wish to continue accessing your tax account information online, you must re-register in 2016 to create a new MyFTB account.
We made the following changes to the registration process:
- When you register in 2016:
- We mail you a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in 3 to 5 days to the address we have on file.* Allow 10 days to receive your PIN.
- You activate your account with a one-time entry of your PIN when you initially log in to your new account.
*Tax preparers: We use the address associated to your tax preparer ID. For example, if you register for MyFTB using your PTIN, we mail your PIN to the address provided to the IRS when you registered for your PTIN.
- To access individual, business, or client (as a tax preparer) tax account information, you must create a separate MyFTB account with a unique user name and password combination for each role:
- Business representative
- Tax preparer
To register in 2016, you will need to:
- Provide a valid email address.
- Choose a user name and password.
- Select and answer 3 security questions.
- Select a security image.
- Choose your role: individual, business representative, or tax preparer.
- Provide an identification number (e.g., social security number, business account number, tax preparer ID).
- Provide information from a tax return filed in the last 5 years (Individuals and Business Representatives only).
- Verify address information.
For the remainder of 2015, we disabled the ability to register for a MyFTB account while we enhance our registration process. This also impacts the ability to register for CalFile and Web Pay for Businesses. We will reactivate online registration in January 2016 when we launch our enhanced version of MyFTB.
If you have an existing MyFTB or CalFile account, you can continue to log in to your account.
You need an account to use these Online Services:
- Web Pay for Businesses
- View payments or cancel scheduled payments
- View account information for Individuals & Businesses
- Update address and phone number
- View FTB-issued 1099s
You do not need an account to use these Online Services:
- Web Pay for Individuals
- Check Your Refund
- Apply for an Installment Agreement
- Head of Household Audit Letter
- File a 199N e-postcard
- Get an entity status letter
- MyCOD Account
- Many other online services