MyFTB Tax Professional Online Account Access
Prior to June 24, 2018
For relationships established prior to June 24, 2018, representatives with an existing MyFTB account will continue to have Full Online Account Access, without needing new or additional client approval. If the relationship expires prior to being renewed in MyFTB, the new process described on this page will apply.
After June 24, 2018
For relationships established after June 24, 2018, the representative will have Limited Online Account Access. The representative may request Full Online Account Access.
How the New Process Works
- After we approve a relationship, either a Tax Information Authorization (TIA) or Power of Attorney (POA), between a taxpayer and a tax professional, the tax professional has Limited Online Account Access to the taxpayer’s information.
- If the tax professional requests Full Online Account Access, we mail the taxpayer an Authorization Code they can use to approve the request.
- Go to our Allow Representative Full Online Access service on our website and enter the authorization code.
- Log in to their MyFTB account to authorize the request (no code required).
- Give the authorization code to their representative to complete the authorization process on their behalf.
- Call (800) 353-9032 and use our Interactive Voice Response system or speak to a customer service representative.
- If the taxpayer approves the request, the tax professional will be given Full Online Account Access.
- If the taxpayer does not approve the request, the tax professional retains Limited Online Account Access.
The taxpayer can authorize or deny the request by using one of the following options:
Online Account Access Levels
|Authorization Type||Limited Online Account Access (Granted by FTB when relationship is approved)||Full Online Account Access (Authorized by Taxpayer)|
All of the above applies for the tax year(s) listed on the POA declaration.
All of the above applies for the tax year(s) listed on the POA declaration, plus:
- It is your responsibility to notify us if you are no longer working with your representative(s).
- To review or update a TIA or POA relationship, you may use our self-service tools through your online MyFTB account or contact us.
- To revoke a TIA or POA relationship you may use our self-service tools through your online MyFTB account, contact us, or FTB 3520RVK (POA) or FTB 3535 (TIA).
- If you feel you may be a victim of identity theft, there are resources and information available to assist you.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 07.27.2018