California e-file Program Enrollment Requirements (Individual, Fiduciary and Business e-file)
Providers approved in the IRS Electronic Filing (e-file) Program are automatically enrolled in the California e-file Program. In addition, we will automatically receive any updates that you make to your IRS account within 7-10 business days.
Requirements for e-file participation:
- To be automatically enrolled in the California e-file Program, you need to be an accepted participant in the IRS e-file Program. We receive confirmation within 7-10 business days after the IRS accepts you into their program.
- Use your IRS-assigned Electronic Filer Identification Number (EFIN) to e-file with FTB. If you transmit returns, use your IRS-assigned Electronic Transmitter Identification Number (ETIN) with FTB.
- Comply with the guidelines found in FTB Publication 1345, Handbook for Authorized e-file Providers, IRS Pubs. 1345, 3112, 4162, 4163, 4164 and in Revenue Procedure 2007-40, 2007-26 I.R.B. 1488 (or the latest update), to the extent that they apply to FTB's e-file Program.
Once you receive your IRS EFIN, you can verify your enrollment with California by contacting our e-Programs Customer Service at 916.845.0353.
- e-file for Tax Professionals
- Individual e-file for Tax Professionals
- Software for Tax Professionals
- e-file Forms and Publications
- News & Updates
- e-Programs Customer Service
- Individual e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- Individual e-file Calendar
- Fiduciary e-file
- Fiduciary e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- Fiduciary e-file Calendar
- e-file Enrollment Requirements
- Paperless Schedules K-1
- Business e-file
- Business e-file Frequently Asked Questions
- 100/100S/100W e-file Calendar
- 199 e-file Calendar
- 565/568 e-file Calendar
- Software Developers/Transmitters