Abusive Tax Shelters
FTB Notices: Earlier this year, we issued two notices, FTB Notice 2011-01 (01/06/11) and FTB Notice 2011-03 (04/22/11), which created new "listed transactions" for California purposes under Revenue and Taxation Code Section 18407(a)(4)(A). We are aware that some members of the tax practitioner community are anticipating the issuance of an additional such notice in the near future. Please be advised that, at this time, we have no plans to issue an additional notice creating a new listed transaction for California purposes.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Glossary of Terms
- Listed Transactions
- Disclosure and Reporting Requirements
- Statute of Limitations
Assistance and self-service options
- Contact us
- Fraud (including Tax Shelter Hotline)
- Mail copy of disclosure statement and registration form or amended returns
Law and legislation
- Comparison Chart of Federal and State Tax Shelter Laws 02/09/06
- Chief Counsel Announcements
- FTB Notice 2005-7 12/23/05
- FTB Notice 2006-1 01/11/06
- FTB Notice 2007-3 07/31/07
- FTB Notice 2007-4 10/18/07
- FTB Notice 2008-1 01/11/08
- FTB Notice 2008-4 06/06/08
- FTB Notice 2011-1 Abusive Tax Shelter – California Listed Transactions – Abusive Sales Factor Manipulation
- FTB Notice 2011-3 Abusive Tax Shelter – California Listed Transactions – Circular Cash Flow
Forms and publications
- Material Advisor Disclosure Statement (IRS Form 8918). Material advisors required to file a reportable transactions information return in accordance with Revenue and Taxation Code Section 18628 are required to use IRS Form 8918.
- Reportable Transaction Disclosure Statement (IRS Form 8886)
- There are currently no reports.
Links to other government agencies and professional organizations
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later