Public Meeting Agenda
Franchise Tax Board Meeting*
Wednesday, December 16, 1998 1:30 p.m.
State Board of Equalization
450 N Street, Room 121**
Item 1. Approval of Minutes
Approval of Minutes of October 8, 1998 Board meeting.
Item 2. Legislative Matters
Staff recommendations regarding legislative proposals for 1999.
Item 3. Regulation Matters
- Regulations 25128,
25128-1 and 25128-2
(Sales Factor). Adoption.
- Regulation Sections 25106.5-0, 25106.5, 25106.5-1 (reserved), 25106.5-2, 25106.5-3, 25106.5-4, 25106.5-5, 25106.5-6 (reserved), 25106.5-7 (reserved), 25106.5-8 (reserved), 25106.5-9, 25106.5-10 and 25106.5-11 (reserved). (Combined Reporting.) Adoption.
- 1999 Rulemaking Calendar.
- Staff recommendation regarding Regulation Section 25106.5-1.
Item 4. Staff Report on Controversies Involving the Substitution of "Net Gains" for "Gross Receipts" in the Sales Factor in Certain Circumstances
Item 5. Performance Audit Report
Item 6. Administrative Matters
- Board consideration and action regarding budget matters.
- Status of BCPs and Baseline Budget.
- Performance Audit Report-Other Budget Changes.
- Performance Audit Contract-Performance/Payment.
- Board consideration and action regarding contracts.
- Approval of two Space Action Requests. (Form 9) relating to Central Office configuration, and the Stockton District Office.
Item 7. Tax Gap
Staff report regarding installment payment arrangements.
Item 8. Taxation of Medical Organizations
Staff report regarding health care corporations.
Item 9. Procedures and Timeframes for Processing Docketed Protest Cases
Staff presentation and recommendations regarding the status of the procedures and timeframes for processing docketed protest cases.
Item 10. Status Report on Support Staff Classification Study
Staff report regarding the status of support staff classification study.
Item 11. Executive Officer's Annual Performance Evaluation Report
Item 12. Executive Officers Time
Item 13. Board Members Time
Employee Recognition Resolutions. (Joan Hyatt Cation, Sherry A. Chill, Donald T. Hareid Jr., C. Annette Jackson, Suzanne M. Jones, Veltessia M Lewis, Gary L. Peterson, VerJoyce Salmon, Carolyn E. Bonner.)
Item 14. Closed Session Announcement
Item A. Closed session to consider recommendations regarding settlement of administrative tax disputes authorized by subdivision (k) and (q) of Section 11126 of the Government Code, and/or required to be in closed session by Section 19442 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
Item B. Closed session to consider recommendations to settle litigation cases. Closed session is authorized by Government Code Section 11126(e)(1). (Deakin vs. Franchise Tax Board, CRG Holdings vs. Franchise Tax Board)
Item C. Closed session to allow the Board to confer with and receive advice from legal counsel regarding pending litigation. Closed session is authorized by Government Code Section 11126(e)(1).
Item D. Closed session to consider: (1) approval of a closing agreement involving confidential tax information and (2) to consider whether to grant a taxpayer's request for a Board hearing on a Revenue and Taxation Section 25137 petition. Closed session is authorized by Government Code Section 11126(a)(1).
Item E. Closed session to discuss and act on Personnel Matters. Closed session is authorized by Government Code Section 11126(a)(1).