Public Meeting Agenda
Franchise Tax Board Meeting
Monday, November 8, 1999 - 10:00 a.m.
Loews Coronado Bay Resort
4000 Coronado Bay Road, Commodore Room E & D*
San Diego, CA 95814
Item 1. Approval of Minutes
- Approval of Minutes of the September 16, 1999, Board meeting.
- Approval of Minutes of the October 4, 1999, Board meeting.
Item 2. Child Support
- Status report and Board Discussion.
- Staff presentation with respect to federal penalties.
Item 3. Electronic Filing -- Internet
- Status report and Board discussion.
- Internet Filing Resolution.
Item 4. Regulation Matters
- Regulations 25106.5 and 25106.5-2 (Combined Report Mechanics).
- Regulation 17951-4 (Incoming Sourcing).
Item 5. Administrative Matters
- Contracts for approval:
- Uninterruptable Power Supply for the Data Center.
- Network Backbone Upgrade.
- Enterprise Duplex Printing System.
- Facilities Action Requests (Form 9) for approval: Lease additional warehouse space; extend various Sacramento metroplex leases; upgrade central office fire system; extend the San Diego office lease; construct hard walled offices at central office; construct a testing room for FTB Network Infrastructure Equipment (hard walled); construct a testing area for LAN/WAN equipment (hard walled).
Item 6. Executive Officer's Time
Item 7. Board Members' Time
Employee Recognition Resolutions for Board approval. (John Knox, Theresa A. Reyes, Anita L. Yee)
Item A. Closed session to consider recommendations regarding settlement of administrative tax disputes authorized by subdivision (k) and (q) of Section 11126 of the Government Code, and/or required to be in closed session by Section 19442 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
Item B. Closed session to consider recommendation to settle a litigation case (Dover Corporation v. Franchise Tax Board) and to allow the Board to confer with and receive advice from legal counsel regarding pending litigation in INTUIT INC., a Delaware corporation; H&R BLOCK, INC., a Delaware corporation; and BLOCK FINANCIAL CORPORATION, a Delaware Corporation v. DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL SERVICES, a department in the State and Consumer Services Agency of the State of California; CALIFORNIA FRANCHISE TAX BOARD, a department in the State and Consumer Services Agency of the State of California; DOE 1 through DOE 25, PACIFIC BELL, a California corporation; MCI WORLDCOM NETWORK SERVICES INC., a Delaware corporation; ANDERSEN CONSULTING, a partnership; and DOE 26 through DOE 50. Closed session is authorized by Government Code Section 11126(e)(1).
Item C. Closed session to discuss and act on Personnel Matters. Closed session is authorized by Government Code Section 11126(a)(1).
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later