Public Hearing Agenda
Franchise Tax Board Meeting
Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 10:00 a.m.
State Board of Equalization
450 N Street, Room 121*
Sacramento, CA 95814
Item 1. Approval of Minutes
- Approval of Minutes of the July 6, 1999, Board meeting.
- Approval of Minutes of the August 12, 1999, Board meeting.
Item 2. Child Support
- Plan for Expanded Role in Child Support Collections.
- Plan for Child Support Automation.
Item 3. Electronic Filing Internet
Status report and Board discussion.
Item 4. Regulation Matters
- Staff Reports and Requests for Authorization to Commence Formal Regulatory Proceedings:
- Proposed Regulation 25106.5-1 (Combined Reporting Intercompany Transactions).
- Proposed Regulation 25137(b) (Property Factor Nonjurisdictional Property).
- Proposed Regulation 25137(c) (Sales Factor Occasional Sale of Intangible Assets).
- Proposed Regulations 19041 and 19044 (Protests) - Report on hearing and recommendation for second hearing.
Item 5. Water's-Edge Matters
Board consideration of staff report on Water's-Edge Election Issues Involving 1994 Contract Renewals.
Item 6. Applications for Voluntary Disclosure
Board consideration of staff recommendations regarding anonymous Applications for Voluntary Disclosure filed pursuant to Revenue and Taxation Code Section 19191.
Item 7. Administrative Matters
- FY 2000/01 BCPs.
- Facilities Action Requests (Form 9): Hard wall construction and relocation of fingerprint process and orientation sessions from Building 1 to Building 2; convert training room 1811 (hard wall construction) to office space for Operations Services Bureau Director; demolish wall in Security Command Center to provide space for additional security equipment.
- Contract United International Investigation Contract.
- Franchise Tax Board Resolution 98-19-"Out of State" Travel Expenditures.
Item 8. Executive Officer's Time
Item 9. Board Members' Time
- Employee Recognition Resolutions for Board approval. (Herman Adkins, Robert David, Patsy Elliott, Elaine Fales, Duncan Fong, Arlene Hess, Carolyn Manning, Shirley Martinez, Ron Schlenker, Molly Stacy, Ron Stocker.)
- Board Resolutions appointing new Board Secretary (Katie Horn) and commending prior Board Secretary (Megan Hall).
Item 10. Closed Session Announcement
Item A. Closed session to consider recommendations regarding settlement of administrative tax disputes authorized by subdivision (k) and (q) of Section 11126 of the Government Code, and/or required to be in closed session by Section 19442 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
Item B. Closed session to consider recommendations to settle litigation cases and to allow the Board to confer with and receive advice from legal counsel regarding pending litigation in Caterpillar, Inc., and Solar Turbines, Incorporated v. FTB; Adelberg v. FTB (LA # BC 131679); and Adelberg v. FTB (LA # BC 135445). Closed session is authorized by Government Code Section 11126(e)(1).
Item C. Closed session to discuss and act on Personnel Matters. Closed session is authorized by Government Code Section 11126(a)(1).
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later