Public Meeting Agenda
Franchise Tax Board Meeting*
Tuesday March 23, 1999 10:00 a.m.
State Board of Equalization
450 N Street, Room 121**
Item 1. Approval of Minutes
- Approval of Minutes of the December 15, 1998 Taxpayers' Bill of Rights Hearing
- Approval of Minutes of the December 16, 1998 Board meeting.
Item 2. Application for Voluntary Disclosure
Board consideration of staff recommendation regarding an anonymous Application for Voluntary Disclosure filed pursuant to Revenue and Taxation Code Section 19191.
Item 3. Legislative Matters
- Legislative Proposals.
- Bills for Position.
Item 4. Regulation Matters
- Status Report on Pending Regulations 25106.5, -2, -3, -4, -5, -9 and -10 et seq. (Combined Report Mechanics) and 25128, 25128-1 and 25128-2, (Double Weighted Sales Factor). Board Consideration.
- Proposed Regulations 19041 and 19044, (Protest Hearing Procedures/Rules). Authorization to Proceed.
- Proposed Regulation Section 25106.5-1, (Intercompany Transactions). Request for Symposium.
- Status Report on Proposed Regulation 25106.5(c)-(e) and 25106.5 (g), (Combined Report Mechanics). Board Consideration.
- Amendment of Regulation 25137(c), (Occasional Sale of Intangible Assets Sales Factor). Authorization for Symposium and Notice Hearing.
- Amendment of Regulation 25137(b), (Treatment of Non-jurisdictional Property in the Property Factor). Authorization for Symposium and Notice Hearing.
- Proposed Regulation 18567, (Extensions). Authorization to proceed.
- Proposed Regulations 17252.2-1, 17265-1, 17266-1, 17267.2-1, 23456.2-1, 23456.3-1, 23456.4-1, 23456.7-1, (Recapture of Deduction for Qualified Property Previously Used). Authorization to proceed.
- Proposed Regulation 17951-4, (Income Sourcing). Authorization to proceed.
Item 5. Administrative Matters
- 1999/00 Governor's Budget.
- Budget adjustments proposed for 1999/00.
- Finance letters.
- HRA Program Policy direction on Title IV Implementation.
- Capital facilities Consideration of Space Action Requests (Form 9).
- Contracts Requiring Board Approval.
Item 6. Staff Presentation Regarding Bureau of State Audit Report
Item 7. Consideration of State Office Building Adjacent to FTB Headquarters
Item 8. Tax Gap
Staff report regarding Tax Gap.
Item 9. Taxation of Medical Organizations
Staff report regarding health care corporations.
Item 10. Legal Ruling Regarding Taxation of Lottery Winnings
Item 11. Executive Officers Time
Item 12. Board Members Time
Employee Recognition Resolutions. (Karen Beeding, Brenda Christian, Joann Cornelius, Charles Cushing, Kent Evans, Olga Freire, Donna Godard,Janet Gonzales, Irene Hauser, Yu-Lan Hinkel, Roger Holbrook, Patricia Huberty, Ken Kinyon, James Magers, Carrie Pruitt, Jeanne Robinson, Merle Ross, Leon Sims, Rose Smith, Kathreen Townsend, Angie Trevizo, Roberta Yee.)
Item 13. Closed Session Announcement
Item A. Closed session to consider recommendations regarding settlement of administrative tax disputes authorized by subdivision (k) and (q) of Section 11126 of the Government Code, and/or required to be in closed session by Section 19442 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
Item B. Closed session to allow the Board to confer with and receive advice from legal counsel regarding pending litigation. Closed session is authorized by Government Code Section 11126(e)(1).
Item C. Closed session to discuss and act on Personnel Matters, including Board recommendation with respect to an appointment of a CEA III, Settlement Bureau Director. Closed session is authorized by Government Code Section 11126(a)(1).
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later