December 1, 2011 Board Meeting Agenda
Franchise Tax Board Meeting
Thursday, December 1, 2011, 1:30 p.m.
Franchise Tax Board
9646 Butterfield Way
Town Center, Gerald Goldberg Auditorium
Sacramento, CA 95827
Item 1. Approval of Minutes
Minutes of the September 8, 2011, Board meeting – Board approval.
Item 2. Legislative Proposals
Staff report and Board approval.
Item 3. Administrative Matters
- Rulemaking Calendar – Board approval.
- Regulations – Begin the OAL Process – Staff report and Board action.
- Proposed Regulations 18662-0 through 18662-8 (Withholding at Source) and 19002 (Credit for Tax Withheld).
- Proposed Regulation 19089 (Notice of Bankruptcy or Receivership).
- Proposed Regulation 19131 (First Time Abate Program).
- Proposed Regulation 19266 (Financial Institution Record Match - FIRM).
- Proposed Regulation 25106.5 (Sales Factor. Sales of Tangible Personal Property – Finnigan).
- Proposed Regulation 25106.5-1 (Intercompany Transactions).
- Regulations – Board Approval/Adoption – Staff report and Board action.
Item 4. Administrative Matters
- 2012/13 Budget Change Proposals –
- BCP #4 – AB 1424.
- Contracts over $1 million –
Board approval. (Corrected)
- Aastra – E-Private Branch Exchange (PBX) System Maintenance.
Item 5. Taxpayers' Bill of Rights
This annual hearing is held to allow taxpayers as well as taxpayer and industry representatives to present proposals for changes to existing state franchise and income tax laws.
Item 6. Executive Officer's Time
Executive Officer’s opportunity to report on matters of interest to the Board.
Item 7. Board Members' Time
Members’ opportunity to raise other matters of interest.
Closed session to allow the Board to confer with and receive advice from legal counsel regarding pending litigation, within the meaning of Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(2), including Quellos Group, LLC v. Franchise Tax Board. Closed session is authorized by Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(1).
* This facility is architecturally accessible to persons with physical disabilities.
- When the circumstances warrant, the Chair may modify the order of the agenda items.
- This notice, including links to written material related to the Open Session agenda items, is also available at http://www.ftb.ca.gov under the heading Public Meeting Notices.
- If you have a disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation and/or this material in alternate format, please make your request as soon as possible, but no later than five working days prior to the meeting date. Some alternate formats take longer to produce than others. Therefore, the earlier your request is received, the more likely we can provide the specific alternate format you request. To place your request, please contact Ellen Clemente by phone at (916) 845-3651 or by email at Ellen.Clemente@ftb.ca.gov.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Feedback received: Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later