March 19, 2009 Board Meeting Agenda [Updated]
Franchise Tax Board Meeting
Thursday, March 19, 2009, 1 p.m.
Franchise Tax Board
9646 Butterfield Way
Town Center, Gerald Goldberg Auditorium
Sacramento, CA 95827
Item 1. Approval of Minutes
Minutes of the December 4, 2008, Board meeting – Board approval.
Item 2. Leveraging Data for the Future [Updated]
Item 3. Collection Efficiency Initiatives [Updated]
Item 4. Non-Wage Withholding – Outreach Success Stories [Updated]
Item 5. Regulation Matters
- Proposed Regulation 24451 (Applicability of federal regulations
relating to limitations on certain built-in losses following ownership
change; force and effect of IRS Notice 2008-83 exempting banks from limitation) – Staff
report and possible Board action.
- Proposed Regulations 25101.3 (Basis for Allocation of Property Factor) and 25137-7 (Air Transportation Companies – Allocation and Apportionment of Income) –Staff report and possible Board action.
Item 6. Executive Officer's Time
Executive Officer’s opportunity to report on matters of interest to the Board.
Item 7. Board Members' Time
Members’ opportunity to raise other matters of interest.
Closed session to allow the Board to confer with and receive advice from legal counsel regarding pending litigation, within the meaning of Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(2), including Bayer Corporation v. Franchise Tax Board, Nissan North America, Inc. v. Franchise Tax Board, Toys R Us v. Franchise Tax Board, and California Taxpayers' Association v. Franchise Tax Board. Closed session is authorized by Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(1).
* This facility is architecturally accessible to persons with physical disabilities.
- When the circumstances warrant, the Chair may modify the order of the agenda items.
- This notice, including links to written material related to the Open Session agenda items, is also available at http://www.ftb.ca.gov/ under the heading Public Meeting Notices.
- If you have a disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation and/or this material in alternate format, please make your request as soon as possible, but no later than five working days prior to the meeting date. Some alternate formats take longer to produce than others. Therefore, the earlier your request is received, the more likely we can provide the specific alternate format you request. To place your request, please contact Ellen Clemente by phone at 916.845.3651 or by email at Ellen.Clemente@ftb.ca.gov.
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later