December 7, 2017 Board Meeting Agenda
Franchise Tax Board Meeting
Thursday, December 7, 2017, at 1:30 PM
Franchise Tax Board
9646 Butterfield Way
Town Center, Gerald Goldberg Auditorium
Sacramento, CA 95827
Agenda as of 12/06/2017, 1:30 PM
Pledge of Allegiance
Item 1. Approval of Minutes
Minutes of the September 7, 2017, Board meeting – Board Approval.
Item 2. Legislative Matters
Item 3. Regulation Matters
- 2018 Rulemaking Calendar - Staff report and Board Approval.
- Proposed Regulation 18567 - (Automatic Extension of Time for Filing Partnership. Returns) – Staff report and Board Action.
Item 4. Administrative Matters
- Contracts over $1 million - Board Approval.
2. Security Guard Services.
3. IBM Passport Advantage Software Subscription and Support Renewal.
- Facility Request - Board Approval.
1. San Francisco Field Offices Consolidation – Civic Center.
2. Additional State Owned Space Assignment – California Town Center.
Item 5. Resolution Regarding Ex Parte Communication on Petitions Filed Pursuant to R&TC Section 25137
Item 6. Taxpayers' Bill of Rights
This annual hearing is held to allow taxpayers as well as taxpayer and industry representatives to present proposals for changes to existing state franchise and income tax laws.
Item 7. Executive Officer's Time
Executive Officer’s opportunity to report on matters of interest to the Board.
Item 8. Board Members' Time
Members’ opportunity to raise other matters of interest.
Closed session to allow the Board to confer with and receive advice from legal counsel regarding pending litigation, within the meaning of Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(2), Including In re RS Legacy Corporation, et al., United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, Case No. 15-10197; Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, et al USBC Northern District of Illinois, Case No 15-01145; Swart Enterprises v. Franchise Tax Board, Fifth District Court of Appeal No. F070922, Fresno County Superior Court No. 13CECG02171.
Closed session is authorized by Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)(1).
Item 9. Section 25137 Petition Bridgepoint Education – Action Item.
- This facility is architecturally accessible to persons with physical disabilities.
- When the circumstances warrant, the Chair may modify the order of the agenda items.
- This notice, including links to written material related to the Open Session agenda items, is also available at http://www.ftb.ca.gov/ under the heading Public Meeting Notices.
If you have a disability and would like to request reasonable accommodation and/or this material in alternate format, make your request as soon as possible, but no later than five working days prior to the meeting date. Some alternate formats take longer to produce than others. Therefore, the earlier your request is received, the more likely we can provide the specific alternate format you request. To place your request, contact Ellen Clemente by phone at 916.845.3651 or by email at Ellen.Clemente@ftb.ca.gov.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Feedback received: Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later