Examples of Form 593-B, Real Estate Withholding Tax Statement
Use Form 593-B to report the real estate withholding for each seller. Depending on the situation of the real estate transaction, determines how you complete the form.
Send us Copy A of Form 593-B and distribute the remaining copies per form instructions.
View examples of how to report various situations:
- Example 1: Sellers as husband and wife or Registered Domestic Partners (RDPs)
- Example 2A and 2B: Calculations for multiple sellers
- Example 3A and 3B: Grantor & non-grantor trusts
- Example 4: Multiple unit dwellings
- Example 5A and 5B: Multiple unit dwellings with multiple owners
- Examples 6 and 7: Obsolete—withdrawn
- Example 8: Withholding on failed exchanges
- Example 9: Withholding on boot in a completed exchange
- Example 10: Withholding on boot out of escrow
- Example 11: Withholding on refinance title transfers
For assistance in completing the form, contact Withholding Services and Compliance at 888.792.4900.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Feedback received: Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later