Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

Adjust Your Wage Withholding - Forms DE 4 and W-4

Make sure you have the correct amount of state or federal income tax withheld from your pay.

Step 1: Use the calculators to determine the number of allowances you should claim.
Step 2: Complete the forms and give them to your employer to make the changes.

California wage withholding

Federal wage withholding

Chat with an FTB Representative