Tax Topic Index for Individuals
- Account balance (including estimated tax paid)
- Affordable health care act
- Assembling, checking, mailing, and saving your tax return
- CalFile - FTB’s free e-file for CA resident returns
- California conformity to federal law
- Copy of your tax return - How to get
- Credit card
- Credits for individuals, also see IRS Earned Income Tax Credit
- Earned income tax credit (EITC) - IRS
- e-file from software companies
- e-file provider - Locate participating authorized e-file providers
- Extension - How to get a filing extension
- Fees – Common fees and their descriptions.
- Filing requirements for most people, also see Military | Registered domestic partners | Deceased taxpayer
- Foster children - Benefits for people with foster children
- Frequently asked questions, also see Tax glossary
- Information returns (Forms 1098, 1099, 5498, W-2G), also see Electronic Filing
- Interest rates on past due balances, also see Penalties
- Installment agreement
- Insurance - nonadmitted insurance tax
- Payment options, also see Web Pay | Credit card | Installment agreement | Offer in compromise | Voluntary disclosure program
- Power of Attorney (POA)
- Protest a proposed assessment
- Tax calculator, table and rates
- Tax preparer - How to Select an Income Tax Return Preparer
- Tax rates, exemptions & deductions
- Treasury Offset Program - Why did you take my federal tax refund?
- Use tax - Do you owe? (Board of Equalization)
- Voluntary contribution funds
- Voluntary disclosure program
- Volunteer Programs for Free Filing Assistance
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later