Liens - Notice of State Tax Lien
How to resolve
- Pay your balance and get your lien released
- Remove lien from your credit bureau report
- Get a copy of a Notice of State Tax Lien or Release of Lien
- Lien filed in error
- Unable to pay
Pay your balance and get your lien released
To get a lien released, pay the total tax liability (including any penalties and accrued interest) for the tax years represented on the lien.
In a real estate transaction? Your escrow, title, or mortgage company will need to submit an eDemand Lien Payoff Request.
Remove a lien from your credit bureau report
You must contact the credit bureau agencies directly to modify or to remove a lien from your credit bureau report.
Lien filed in error
If we file or record a lien in error, we will:
- Release a lien as filed in error to the applicable county recorder’s office or California Secretary of State.
- Notify the credit bureau agencies and ask them to remove the lien from your credit bureau report.
Get a copy of a lien or release of lien
Contact the county where the lien was recorded or released.
- Contra Costa
- Del Norte
- El Dorado
- Los Angeles
- San Benito
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Joaquin
- San Luis Obispo
- San Mateo
- Santa Barbara
- Santa Clara
- Santa Cruz
If you filed bankruptcy, contact us immediately by phone 916.845.4750 or fax 916.845.9799.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Feedback received: Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later
Last Updated: 04.27.2018