Liens - Notice of State Tax Lien
How to resolve
- Pay your balance and get your lien released
- Remove lien from your credit bureau report
- Get a copy of a Notice of State Tax Lien or Release of Lien
- Lien filed in error
- Unable to pay
Pay your balance and get your lien released
To get a lien released, pay the total tax liability (including any penalties and accrued interest) for the tax years represented on the lien.
In a real estate transaction? Your escrow, title, or mortgage company will need to submit an eDemand Lien Payoff Request.
Remove a lien from your credit bureau report
You must contact the credit bureau agencies directly to modify or to remove a lien from your credit bureau report.
Lien filed in error
If we file or record a lien in error, we will:
- Release a lien as filed in error to the applicable county recorder’s office or California Secretary of State.
- Notify the credit bureau agencies and ask them to remove the lien from your credit bureau report.
Get a copy of a lien or release of lien
Contact the county where the lien was recorded or released.
- Contra Costa
- Del Norte
- El Dorado
- Los Angeles
- San Benito
- San Bernardino
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Joaquin
- San Luis Obispo
- San Mateo
- Santa Barbara
- Santa Clara
- Santa Cruz
If you filed bankruptcy, contact us immediately by phone 916.845.4750 or fax 916.845.9799.