Direct deposit your refund
Direct deposit is fast, safe, and convenient. You can request a direct deposit refund on your tax return whether you e-file or file a paper return. Please be sure to fill in the routing and account numbers carefully and double-check the numbers for accuracy to avoid it being rejected by your bank.
- On your 2015 paper tax return, enter your information on the following lines:
- Form 540 - Lines 116 and 117
- Form 540 2EZ - Lines 33 and 34
- Form 540NR (Long) - Lines 126 and 127
- Form 540NR (Short) - Lines 126 and 127
- In e-file, follow the instructions in your software.