Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

I lost my refund check. What do I do?

If your refund check was lost or stolen, we need to place a stop payment on your refund. Please call during business hours for assistance.


  • 800.852.5711
  • 916.845.6500 (outside the U.S.)
  • Press 1 for personal income tax, press 6 for other information, then press 2 for general tax questions and to speak to a representative.


  • 800.822.6268 (for persons with hearing or speech impairments)
Chat with an FTB Representative