Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

I forgot to attach my Forms W-2 when I mailed my return. What do I do?


If you filed your state tax return and forgot to attach your Form W-2 wage statements, do not send them to the Franchise Tax Board until we notify you to do so. We may send you a notice that your state withholding has not been allowed. When you receive this notice, attach your W-2's to the notice and return it to the Franchise Tax Board.

We will allow the withholding and adjust your account if your W-2's show that you paid California withholding. Allow 12 weeks for the adjustment to be completed.

Chat with an FTB Representative