Tax Agencies & Professional Organizations
State Tax Agencies
- Board of Equalization (BOE) – Administers property taxes, taxes on insurers, excise taxes on alcoholic beverages, and motor vehicle fuel taxes.
- California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) – Administers sales and use taxes and special taxes.
- Office of Tax Appeals (OTA) – Administers the tax appeal program.
- Employment Development Department – Manages California payroll taxes.
- Secretary of State – Business filing forms.
- State Controller – Administers and collects Estate, Inheritance and Gift Taxes.
- California Society of CPAs – Offers products and services for the accounting profession.
- California Society of Enrolled Agents – Professional organization for Enrolled Agents.
- California Society of Tax Consultants - Organization for tax professionals.
- California State Bar, Taxation – California State Bar Taxation Section's home page.
- California Tax Education Council – Established by the Legislature to promote competent tax preparation.
- The Center for State and Local Taxation – Offers education and research in taxation.
- Society of California Accountants – Services for California Certified Public Accountants.
- Internal Revenue Service – Manages federal income taxes and payroll taxes.
- U.S. Courts – Bankruptcy courts information.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later