Your role can range from providing tax advice to helping the Attorney General’s Office present cases to the United State Supreme Court.
As a Paralegal, you will:
Assist in the administration of protests, litigation, and regulatory matters.
- Handle tax appeals and government claims.
- Coordinate procedures with the State Board of Equalization.
As a Legal support staff, you will:
- Be assigned as the legal secretary for several attorneys.
- Provide legal, clerical, and administrative support to those attorneys.
As an FTB attorney, you will:
- Work for one of the largest state tax agencies in the nation. FTB is recognized worldwide for the quality and innovation of its programs and personnel.
- Deal with cutting-edge issues in state tax law and policy affecting businesses and households throughout California.
- Participate in cases heard in California and federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court.
- Advise Congress and state legislatures on important tax law and policy issues.
- Represent the department’s position in appeals hearings before the California State Board of Equalization.
A career in Legal allows you to develop strong legal expertise while working in challenging but friendly working environment.