Careers with FTB
We have a wide variety of jobs that offer the growth and challenge you're looking for whether you’re a student, recent graduate, or experienced professional.Read our brochure
Career Ladders Franchise Tax Board PDF Explore our opportunities
As a state agency, we follow the established California civil service hiring process. We encourage you to review the FTB-related resources we have here, as well as important information about state employment provided by CalHR, including steps in the hiring process, minimum qualifications, salaries, benefits, etc. You can also create a CalCareer account with subscriptions to specific job announcements and search all open jobs and exams on the CalHR website.If you have questions about our openings, contact our recruiters.
We help staff excel by promoting a balanced lifestyle that allows for a challenging and rewarding career. By promoting values such as integrity, teamwork, collaboration, and innovation, we create a great place to work. We honor excellence through formal programs which recognize and reward our employees for outstanding performance.
Training & Continuing Learning
We allow you to “Own Your Career” so that you develop professionally, remain competitive, and enhance your knowledge and skills.
- We offer classroom training, coaching, and on the job training. We also offer hundreds of self-paced, computer based training classes on IT and business-related topics.
- At our Talent Development Center, you can receive assistance with applications, have your resume reviewed, and participate in mock interviews. Career counselors are available to meet with you to assist in developing a career plan that meets your individual interests, skills, and career goals.
- You may qualify to transfer into new job functions or business areas that will expand your knowledge and experience.
- Supervisors and managers may be eligible to participate in several different developmental programs designed to build leadership skills.
We may provide partial reimbursement for career-related or upward-mobility educational courses and/or professional memberships.
- Subject to funds being available, we may reimburse employees up to 50 percent of costs up to $2,500 each fiscal year for career-related or upward mobility costs for: class tuition, exam fees related to approved classes, and class required books.
- We may partially reimburse for membership dues in professional associations and/or societies and professional license fees.
- If you obtain or have your license, we offer in-house training courses that count toward your Continuing Professional Education (CPE).
- For auditors who pursue, take, and pass the CPA exam, we provide:
- The general audit experience required to obtain a CPA license.
- Review and approval of your audit hours and a recommendation for licensure by our CPA Certification Internal Review Committee.
- 50 percent reimbursement for the cost of the exam, provided the exam is passed.
- Paid time off to take the exam.
- A bonus of up to $4,800.
We’re dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce which spans ethnicities, cultures, genders, disabilities, and people of all ages. We value and respect our employees, which allows us all to contribute unique talents and ideas.
We’re committed to hiring qualified people with disabilities. We provide the tools needed to effectively do a job, including special accommodations for applicants and employees with hearing, visual, and mobile disabilities. If you’re disabled, you may qualify to participate in LEAP.
- This program helps disabled individuals get jobs with the State of California.
- If you don’t see a designated LEAP exam for the specific classification you’re interested in on the CalHR website, take the non-LEAP exam.
- See our list of current exams or contact us for more information.
- Our bilingual customer service representatives communicate with taxpayers in multiple languages, allowing us the ability to provide the top-notch service our taxpayers deserve.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 07.16.2018