Careers with FTB
We have a wide variety of jobs that offer the growth and challenge you're looking for whether you’re a student, recent graduate, or experienced professional.Read our brochure
As a state agency, we follow the established California civil service hiring process. We encourage you to review the FTB-related resources we have here, as well as important information about state employment provided by CalHR, including steps in the hiring process, minimum qualifications, salaries, benefits, etc. You can also create a CalCareer account with subscriptions to specific job announcements and search all open jobs and exams on the CalHR website.If you have questions about our openings, contact our recruiters.
We help staff excel by promoting a balanced lifestyle that allows for a challenging and rewarding career. By promoting values such as integrity, teamwork, collaboration, and innovation, we create a great place to work. We honor excellence through formal programs which recognize and reward our employees for outstanding performance.
We offer classroom training, coaching, on-the-job training, and computer-based training so that you remain competitive and continue to enhance your knowledge and skills throughout your career.
- We provide hundreds of self-paced, online training classes for IT and business-related courses.
- Our skills lab training program can help you sharpen your writing, grammar, punctuation, reading comprehension, vocabulary, spelling, proofreading, math, and typing skills.
- You may qualify to transfer into new job functions or business areas that will expand your knowledge and experience.
- Supervisors and managers may be eligible to attend an 18-month training program designed to build leadership skills.
- Career counselors are available to meet with you to assist in developing a career plan that meets your individual interests, skills, and career goals.
We may provide partial reimbursement related to your career-related or upward-mobility educational courses. Education may include courses toward a bachelor's degree, master's degree, and professional certificates.
- Once you get your license, we offer in-house training courses that count toward your Continuing Professional Education (CPE).
- You may receive up to $100 per year for qualifying professional membership dues or job-related professional license fees.
- Candidates who are certified and appointed to a bilingual Tax Technician position receive an additional $100.00 a month. Indicate your bilingual language proficiency in item #6 on the STD 678 application.
For auditors who take and pass the CPA exam, we provide:
- 50 percent reimbursement for the cost of the exam
- Paid time off to take the exam
- A bonus of up to $4,800
- The general audit experience required to get your CPA license
- Review and approval of your audit hours and a recommendation for licensure by our CPA Certification Internal Review Committee
We’re dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce which spans ethnicities, cultures, genders, disabilities, and people of all ages. We value and respect our employees, which allows us all to contribute unique talents and ideas.
We’re committed to hiring qualified people with disabilities. We provide the tools needed to effectively do a job, including special accommodations for applicants and employees with hearing, visual, and mobile disabilities. If you’re disabled, you may qualify to participate in LEAP.
- This program helps disabled individuals get jobs with the State of California.
- If you don’t see a designated LEAP exam for the specific classification you’re interested in on the CalHR website, take the non-LEAP exam.
- See our list of current exams or contact us for more information.
- Our bilingual customer service representatives communicate with taxpayers in multiple languages, allowing us the ability to provide the top-notch service our taxpayers deserve.
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later