Changes to 2008 Forms
Updates to the Form 3800 on 06/03/2009 –– Tax Computation for Children Under Age 14 with Investment Income
We replaced text on Form 3800, on:
- Line 6
- Line 10
- Enter the parent’s taxable income from Form 540, line 19; Form 540A, line 16
- Enter the parent’s tax from Form 540, line 20; Form 540A, line 17
- Enter the parent’s taxable income from Forms 540/540A, line 19
- Enter the parent’s tax from Forms 540/540A, line 20
Reason for the changes
Reference the correct line numbers on Form 540A.
- No tax impact; there isn’t a line 16 on the 540A.
- This change will assist the taxpayer in figuring the correct tentative tax based on the parent’s tax rate.