Tips for downloading, saving, printing, and emailing forms
- Downloading forms
- Completing fill-in forms
- Saving your entries
- If you are having problems
- Additional ways to get forms
You can download, view, and print California tax forms from this website.
- You need Adobe Reader to view and print tax forms.
- View a form by double-clicking it or use the following steps to download
- Right-click on the form link or "View form" icon.
- Select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As".
- Save the form on your computer. Make a note of where you save the form.
- Open Adobe Reader.
- Select File, select Open, locate the form, and double-click on the form name.
- Some documents are only available in Microsoft Word format. To view such files, you may need to download Microsoft Word Viewer.
Completing fill-in forms
- We provide fill-in tax forms from 1998 through the current year. Identify fill-in forms by the (fill-in) text next to the title. These forms allow you to enter your personal information directly in the form. Fill-in forms do not compute tax, validate math, or verify the information you enter. Enter and verify all required information (instructions may require some information to be handwritten on the form).
- You can save your entries in fill-in forms on your computer. We recommend you use the latest Adobe Reader to save form entries. Earlier Adobe Reader versions work on only some of our fill-in forms.
Saving your entries
- Our fill-in forms are savable. We recommend you use the latest Adobe Reader to save form entries. Earlier Adobe Reader versions work on only some of our fill-in forms. Look for the (fill-in) text next to the forms listed on the Form Locator.
- Adobe Reader initiates a pop-up message when you open a fill-in form. The message will indicate that the form has document rights and you can save the completed fill-in form. If you are using an older version of Adobe Reader, the dialog box will indicate that some features will not operate and you will be prompted to download the latest Adobe Reader.
- Caution: When using a public computer (library, computer cafe, etc.), saving your entries may make your personal information available to others. To avoid this, never save your personal information on a form accessed from a public computer.
- To use a savable fill-in form:
- Open the savable form.
- Select the hand tool from the Reader toolbar menu.
- Move the hand pointer inside a form field. Click when it changes to an "I" or cursor.
- The "I" pointer allows you to type text.
- The hand pointer allows you to select a field or check a box.
- Press Tab to accept the information you have typed and go to the next field.
- Press Shift + Tab to accept the information you have typed and go to the previous field.
- You may also use your mouse to move from field to field.
When you have completed the form, remember to save your information, then print as usual.
If you are having problems
If you are having problems downloading forms, completing fill-in forms, or printing fill-in forms, please see the FAQ's About Downloading Forms From FTB's Website. If you cannot find the answer to your question, please email webmaster.
Additional ways to get forms
In addition to getting forms from FTB's website, you can get them:
- By Phone—Call 800.338.0505 to order California tax forms.
- By Mail—Write to:
TAX FORMS REQUEST UNIT
FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
PO BOX 307
RANCHO CORDOVA, CA 95741-0307
- In Person—Many post offices and libraries provide free California tax booklets during the filing season.
Note: Employees at these public distribution locations cannot provide tax information or assistance.
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later