FIDM Electronic Filing
Internet data exchange
FTB provides Method 2 participants the FTB Inquiry File quarterly via the Internet. The advantages of retrieving the file electronically include:
- Easier, faster, and less costly than other methods.
- No postage and package mailing.
- Quick confirmation that we received your file (1 or 2 working days).
Call our FIDM helpdesk at 916.845.6304 (not toll-free) to register for the SWIFT quarterly Internet data exchange. Upon setup, we will email you a user ID, password, and instructions for submitting your files electronically.
Internet files use the same record layout as other types of media files. The following is required for Internet filing:
- Internet Access.
- Pentium based PC.
- Browser that supports SSL and 128-bit encryption.
- Connection bandwidth large enough to send your size file. T1 or DSL connections download faster than dialup. (It takes about 10 minutes to download 1 MB connected at 28.8k, about 5 minutes per MB connected at 56k.)
- For Method 2: 100 MB of free disk space to receive the Method 2 Inquiry File; Connection bandwidth large enough to receive a 33MB or larger Inquiry File.
Email FIDMhelp@ftb.ca.gov if you have questions or comments.
Help us improve our website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later