Frequently Asked Questions - Businesses
- Governor’s 2013 Economic Development Initiative
- Billings and notices
- Business Entities defined
- City Business Tax Program – Identifies individuals and businesses with certain filing requirements
- Claim for Refund
- Closing a business entity
- Disaster related loss – how to claim
- Due Dates
- Estimate payments due
- Extension to file
- Fees – Common fees and their descriptions.
- Filing assistance
- General Information on New Rules for Doing Business in California
- Interest Abatement
- Interest and estimate penalty rates
- Information Returns – Forms 1098, 1099, 5498, W-2G
- K-1 (565 or 568) Program
- K-1 (565 or 568) Testware
- Large corporate understatement penalty
- Limited Liability Companies
- Minimum tax and franchise tax
- Notices, Bills and Withholding Orders – What they are and how to respond
- Offer in Compromise (OIC) program
- Personal responsibility
- Power of Attorney
- Proper notification of business debt
- Protest a proposed assessment
- Relief from contract voidability
- Revive a business entity
- S corporations
- Secretary of State's (SOS) Statement of Information Penalty
- Single-Sales Factor and Assignment of Sales (Sales Factor)
- Starting, running, or closing a business entity
- Tax Amnesty program questions
- Tax Rates
- Top 10 business entity errors that delay return/payment processing
- Vendor Allowances — Retailer Perspective
- Voluntary Disclosure Program
Tip: Can't find what you are looking for? Use the Tax Glossary or Search.
Help Us Improve Our Website
Don't include social security numbers or other personal/confidential information.
Thank you for your help.
If you need assistance, contact us.
Oops! Something went wrong.
We appreciate your feedback. Please try again later
Last Updated: 01/04/2018