How do I get a copy of my corporation or partnership state tax return?
You may be able to obtain a free copy of your California tax return, through MyFTB. For more information on how to register for your account, go to MyFTB for Businesses.
For a fee, you can request a copy of your California corporation or partnership tax return by completing form FTB 3516 (page 2), Request for Copy of Corporation, Exempt Organization, Partnership and Limited Liability Company Tax Return. You may also request your return in writing. The following information must be included in your written request:
- The name of your corporation or partnership.
- For corporation returns, your California Corporation ID or Federal Employer Identification Number as filed on your tax return or claim.
- For partnership returns, your Federal Employer Identification Number as filed on your tax return or claim.
- Your corporation or partnership's telephone number including area code.
- Your corporation or partnership's current mailing address.
- Taxable year or years of returns requested.
- The signature and title of the officer or trustee of your corporation or partnership.
Mail your request to:
FRANCHISE TAX BOARD
PO BOX 1570
RANCHO CORDOVA CA 95741-1570
There is a $20.00 search fee for each tax return copy you request. Include a check or money order for the total amount due, made out to the Franchise Tax Board. It may take up to four weeks from the date of your request to receive a copy of your return.
There is no charge for a copy of your return if you are requesting a return for a tax year in which you were the victim of a designated California state or federal disaster.
Is there something wrong with this page?
Help us improve our website
Last Updated: 01.23.2019