Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

How do I obtain information about changing my corporation's name?

You must contact the:

Secretary of State
1500 11th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

The Secretary of State will then notify Franchise Tax Board of your corporation's new name. For additional information you may visit the Secretary of State's Website at or, call their automated telephone service at 916.657.5448.

Chat with an FTB Representative