Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

How do I properly identify my corporation when dealing with the Franchise Tax Board?

All contacts with us should include:

  • The seven digit California corporation number assigned by the Secretary of State or the Franchise Tax Board; and
  • The nine digit Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)

Be sure to include the exact legal name of the corporation as incorporated or qualified to do business with the Secretary of State, along with the name and telephone number of the person we should contact if we have any additional questions.

Chat with an FTB Representative