Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

If my actual tax is less than the minimum franchise tax, what figure do I put on line 23 of Form 100 or Form 100W?

If you are subject to the franchise tax because you are doing business in California, you must enter the minimum tax amount on line 23 of Form 100 or 100W.

Minimum tax is the amount you must pay the first quarter of each accounting period whether the corporation is active, operates at a loss or does not do business. The current minimum tax is $800.

For new corporations that qualify or incorporate, the first year tax is measured based on income for the year and is subject to estimate requirements. For subsequent years, the minimum tax is $800.

Chat with an FTB Representative