Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

My corporation is not doing business; does it have to pay the minimum franchise tax?

Yes, if your corporation is incorporated in or is qualified to do business in California, you must file a return and pay the minimum tax. However, if your corporation is not qualified and not doing business in California then we do not require you to file a return or pay the minimum tax.

Chat with an FTB Representative