Skip to Main Content
State of California Franchise Tax Board

I need a state Employer ID number for my business. Who do I contact?

You will need to register with the Employment Development Department (EDD).  You can call them toll free at 888.745.3886 or visit your nearest Employment Tax Office.

Chat with an FTB Representative